VoElla Submission Terms
These terms can seem a little daunting to someone not used to contracts but they basically enable us to legally distribute your work, respecting yours and our rights, and also protect us in a case where a person may submit work that isn’t their own.
If you have any questions we would be happy to answer them. Please contact us on email@example.com.
VoElla – (“we”, “us”, “our”) ask its readers to send in work (the “Submission”) in order for it to be considered for potential inclusion on the VoElla website (the “Website”) and in related publicity and promotion. We may amend these terms and conditions at our sole discretion at any time without notice – any changes will be published at www.voella.com/submission-terms/.
By making any Submission to us you agree to comply with the following terms and conditions:
1. The inclusion of any Submission in the Website & Blog shall be determined at our sole discretion and we do not guarantee that your Submission will be considered for the Website & Blog.
2. To make a Submission, you must send in your name and location, along with your Submission using the contact forms provided or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. No other methods of making a Submission will be accepted.
3. If you are under 16 years old please make sure you have obtained your parent’s or guardian’s permission before making any Submission.
4. By sending us your Submission you confirm that you will have not submitted any content which in any way infringes the rights of a third party, or which infringes any applicable laws or breaches another person’s privacy, copyright or any other legal right.
5. You retain all ownership rights in any Submission you may make. You promise that your Submission is your own original work, and that you are the owner of any Submission you make or that you have all necessary licences, rights, consents, and permissions to authorise us to use your Submission.
6. By making a Submission to us, you grant us a licence (which means permission) to use, edit, reproduce, record, modify, translate, distribute, play, perform, prepare derivative works of and to display your Submission by any medium or method whether now known or later developed to be exercised in our sole discretion throughout the world for the full term of copyright and other rights and all renewals and extensions thereof. You agree that this licence is: non-exclusive (this means you are free to grant this permission to other parties); royalty-free (which means we won’t pay for the permission either now or in the future); and transferable (which means we can transfer the licence to any other third party) and you agree that we can sub-license this licence (which means we can grant an equivalent permission in respect of your Submission to any other third parties).
7. You are responsible for the contents of any Submission you may make and the consequences arising from its use on the Website & Blog and elsewhere. You will not send in any material or content which is in any way defamatory, obscene, unlawful, harmful, offensive or inappropriate or infringes the rights of a third party or may have the effect of being harassing, threatening, abusive or hateful or that otherwise degrades or intimidates an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age or disability. You agree not to infringe any laws in producing or making a Submission. You also agree not to e-mail files which contain viruses or other harmful programs. Further, you must not endanger yourself or others, or take any unnecessary risks in order to produce or make a Submission.
8. We will not return or acknowledge any Submission. It is recommended that you send in copies rather than original material.
9. By making your Submission, you agree to your name being used in publicity by us and to participate in such publicity as required. This may be in any media worldwide without notice and without any fee being paid.
10. We do not accept responsibility or liability for:any fault, malfunction, damage, loss or disappointment suffered by you howsoever arising from you making your Submission whether due to any error, omission or other cause by us to the fullest extent permitted by law;any damage or loss caused to you where such damage or loss is not reasonably foreseeable to you and to us when you agree to these terms and conditions (which occurs automatically when you make your Submission), including where the damage or loss results from our breach of these terms and conditions;any damage or loss caused to you where you are not entering into these terms and conditions as a consumer.
12. The Terms will continue to apply until terminated by either you or us as follows.
You may end your legal agreement with us, via email email@example.com, i) immediately within the first 30 days from the date your submission was first published by us (we will remove the specified content from our site as soon as possible and reasonably acceptable: or ii) by giving 90 days notice to withdraw the specified content when the time from the date your submission was first published by us is greater than 30 days.
13. We may accept, modify, withdraw or refuse to display your Submission at any time at our sole and absolute discretion. We may do this without notice to you (but will make reasonable efforts to notify you by email) for any reason, including, without limitation, where we suspect your Submission to infringe the rights of a third party or in breach of these terms and conditions or you create risk or possible legal exposure for us.
14. These terms and conditions shall be exclusively governed by and construed in all respects in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales in respect of any matter arising hereunder.
Updated 17 August 2016